Tuesday 1 December 2009





















One day you shall be mine - for reals. This is a Toyota Supra, my future 3-litre muscle car beast-baby (photos nicked from ebay). If you don‘t care about cars you don’t have to read on, but I must indulge.

My current Peugeot 106 is fairly nippy for a littlun, however I am in need of some meat - a desire not doubt inherited from Pearse (who'll I'll be recieving lessons in driving powerful rear wheel drive cars from...). So. I’ll after a 1997-1999 twin turbo, 6-speed manual, unmodified Supra, a Japanese import. I'll have to be driving it like a granny for months while I learn to cope with the power, but it'll be worth it!

I had had my eyes on this little beauty (and still do):








Pontiac Firebird Trans Am (photo pinched from the Pontiac website). A proper American muscle car (5.7 litre V8 engine, fucking hell), goes like stink, similar price range to the Supra. Do you know Knight Rider, that 80s TV show with David Hasselhoff driving the talking, thinking car? Well, yes, that was an old Trans Am.
But it's just not practical at the moment - it's too big, too heavy, too thirsty, too rare over here - obtaining parts would be a nightmare...
That plus the fact that American cars have a piss-poor reputation for reliability and no way could I afford to be getting it fixed all the time on top of insurance & other maintenance. Toyota = Japanese = excellent & built like a brick shithouse. Pontiac = one day. When I’m rich - HAHA. When Cyan’s rich. Plan!

A guy from work asked what my parents thought about me getting a 3-litre sports car when I was 23ish. I said “They think it’s an excellent idea. In fact, my dad suggested the Supra!” This is true.

I will be poor. But it will be oh so worth it.
All Tomorrow's Parties this weekend! Yeeeaaaahhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment